Wednesday 8 June 2011

Bake to the future


I’ve been away on holiday (Istanbul) for the last week but I got back in time for my road’s Big Lunch street party. The bunting was up, the stalls were set up, the band started playing… and then the heavens opened. Still, we managed to have a couple of hours of fun before the whole street resembled a swimming pool. And the cake baking competition still went ahead. To give myself the edge (well, that was the excuse I gave myself), I invested in some new kit from Marks and Spencer’s gorgeous retro baking range (www.marksandspencer.com). In this year’s hottest ice-cream pastel shades, it looks almost too cute to use, and starts from just a couple of quid. Did it help me win? Nope – the Swedish guy from a few doors down, who wins every year, won yet again. I’m trying not to be too bitter – at least my kitchen looks a tiny bit more glamorous as a result!

No comments:

Post a Comment